March 5, 2014

2014: Miami Dutch @ Queer Thoughts

Above: "by land or by sea" from Miami-Dutch at Queer Thoughts on January 24, 2014.
Miami-Dutch
"When Was The Last Time You Did Something For The First Time"
January 24 - February 23, 2014
Queer Thoughts
1640 W. 18th Street
Chicago, IL

http://miami-dutch.org/

http://qtgallery.net/

"They sit in a green field and warble him to death with the sweetness of their song. I try to evade, but struggle; I bind myself tight to listen in passing. I grip the rudder forcefully, but with my strength it breaks. We part ways, but it is probably for the best. Signed, sealed, delivered; my translation is clear. Or am I dreaming? So what?   

So, the space of possibility was given me one day like a loud fart I will let. Neither the space, nor the possibility, I didn’t know exactly what they were, and I didn’t feel the need to think about it. I am an Earth-bound emancipated teenager (don't fucking tell me what to do - you, above all). Water, air, land - Mind, body, nation.  We breathe an esperanto, a Mischsprache.

It is from this body that they draw something to remake reality; something to remake themselves in reality, and to make for themselves a reality. An Order that would break the adverbial body and her discreet geometries, the unsoundable abyss of the face, the inaccessible plan of the surface. We silently arranged ourselves into a circle of bare feet, and sang the song of dust: an ode to the body abyss. Now I’m the father-mother, the twin-tailed, triple-goddess hour of death, [stop] sixty minutes of birth, sixty minutes of body. I am all of the above! But at least there is one thing, which is something, only one thing, and I feel it."


Quotation above from: http://qtgallery.net/pages/Exhibitions/MiamiDutch.html

Above: Untitled, 2014, from Miami-Dutch at Queer Thoughts on January 24, 2014.
Above: "neither the space, nor the possibility" from Miami-Dutch at Queer Thoughts on January 24, 2014.
Above: "in good hands" from Miami-Dutch at Queer Thoughts on January 24, 2014.
Above:
Images (1-4) January 24, 2014;
Copyright Paul E. Germanos.

No comments:

Post a Comment